The Madison Working Group on Peace in Ukraine will be distributing literature from peaceinukraine.org and holding discussions with those who stop by our table at the Dane County Farmer's Market. Our table is near the Hans Christian Heg statue, and also near the table for Veterans for Peace. This is at the King St. corner, across the street from Walgreens and Colectivo Coffee. We invite supporters to join us in distributing literature and holding signs. Here are our interim points of unity:
1. We demand an immediate end to the fighting in Ukraine and a withdrawal of the
2. We call for emergency aid to the Ukrainian people. Beyond that, we call for open
borders and sanctuary for all refugees regardless of race, religion, gender orientation
or national origin.
3. We support the Ukrainian people’s right to self-defense and self-determination.
4. We support those brave Russians and Ukrainians who, at the risk of fines, detentions
and worse, call for peace.
5. We support the cancellation of Ukraine's sovereign debt.
6. We call for an internationally mediated conference of those involved in the conflict
to diplomatically resolve concerns in regard to secure borders and self determination.
7. We call on the U.S. and Russia to restore nuclear treaties dropped by Putin and
Trump, and on all nuclear states to dismantle nuclear weapons, reduce and ultimately
end the threat of nuclear war. We call on the U.S. and Russia to sign on to
the international land mine treaty and the International Criminal Court. We call on
the U.S. in particular to use its influence to promote a diplomatic end to the war in
8. We call for an end to wasteful military spending and the international weapons
trade including the F-35 fighter jets that facilitate armed conflict as a non-solution
to international disputes.
9. Finally, we demand that the US reduce its military spending by at least fifty percent
and that other nations reduce their military spending, as well. We call for the
redirection of such spending to human needs like health care for all, worldwide
Covid vaccinations, and a concerted international effort to fight the global climate
emergency as one people. To paraphrase Greta Thunberg. “It is time to act as if
our house is on fire, because it is.”
CONTACT: [email protected]
Dane County Farmer's Market, on Capitol Square, corner of King St.
2 E Main St, Madison, WI 53703, United States,