Our coalition includes local, national and international groups across four continents presenting a unified call to support negotiations--not more weapons or troops--to resolve the crisis in Ukraine. We must de-escalate in the face of a proxy war between the United States and Russia, the two more heavily armed nuclear nations.
This devastating war in Ukraine is killing thousands, displacing millions, and causing hunger, inflation, unrest, and increased militarism globally. It is not far-fetched to foresee a protracted war that goes on for years. Just look at the decades-long US wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, the 7-years of fighting in the Donbas, and the interest the U.S. has in bleeding the Russian economy dry.
Add to that the confusion of the U.S. public. People have tremendous sympathy for Ukrainians, but don’t understand that the way to save Ukrainian lives is to stop the war and negotiate a ceasefire.
So we need you to get out and educate your community. We are recommending flyering at farmers' markets, town squares, post offices or similar well-trafficked places. If you would like to collect hard copy signatures, you can print this petition from CODEPINK.
We also call for rallies or standouts at Congressional offices or meetings with members of Congress when they return home for Congress' summer recess.
In solidarity with anti-war protesters in Russia and across Europe, we call on the world’s peace-loving people, including conscripted front-line soldiers, to join us in a massive unified response to say:
No to War in Ukraine; Yes to Negotiations and Peace!
👇 Find events or login to host your own Stop the War in Ukraine protest below!
Tips for posting your Stop the War in Ukraine event
- Signing in: If you have a Facebook or Twitter account this is the easiest way to sign in. Otherwise, create an account.
- Make sure to edit all the fields: "phone number," “when,” “event duration,” “time zone,” “city and country” etc.
- If your event is online, please add a city and country so that your event can be mapped.
- After you submit your event, you will get an email confirmation. Check to make sure all the information for your event is correct and use the link in the email to edit your event if you need to.
- If you are unable to post your event directly, fill out this Google form and we will post it for you.
- If you need assistance posting or editing your event, contact [email protected]
- Don't forget to send your event photos and videos to [email protected] and let us know the location of your event (city/town) and the names of co-sponsoring organizations.